Sunday, July 19, 2009

Growing old, all of a sudden.

OK, I get that Lance Armstrong's returning to cycling and Tom Watson showing up at the British Open are pretty big deals. What I don't get, on the eve of my annual birthday ride at the 24 Hours of Booty, is just how did 59, never mind 37, get to be considered 'OLD' all of a sudden.

I mean, I've gone to weekend running events where 80 year olds finish the 5k or 10k and don't look like they broke a sweat.

I think the baby boomers may be beginning to whimp out on the whole live a long, healthy life thing. Maybe the economic crisis, the financial market crisis, and the unemployment crisis, have found us BBs ill equipped to handle things.

Hopefully, we'll get a second wind and push on! But, it doesn't help that old just got younger.

No comments: